What’s In Stores at Macy’s This Fall

October 14, 2012 · 12 comments

in Fashion Shows, Sponsored

Macy’s is the only department store that I venture into. The combination of affordable prices, great quality and great selection of brands makes this an ideal store for budget fashion enthusiasts.  I found some of my best pieces (including this coral red denim and leopard printed skirt) at Macys’.  This is why I was excited to attend their Fall Fashion presentation held at the Danbury Fair Mall  and hosted by the fabulous Robbie Laughlin of E! Entertainment Television on Saturday.

From left to right,  chartreuse boucle blazer with burgundy skinny pants; Calvin Klein, camel color zip-front sleeveless cape ($79.99); Tahari, Three-Quarter Sleeve Faux Fur collar cape ($119)with Tommy Hilfiger metallic mini skirt ($66.99).

This was my favorite look from this section dubbed “The Aristocrat”.  I loved the mix of texture and the metals in the boucle blazer, but my favorite piece was the Else coated metallic denim ($59.99).

I loved these teal looks: (From left to right, Adriana Papell dress, Nicole Richie Capsule collection tunic, and International Concepts reptile print blazer.

This Bar III teal lace pencil skirt ($59) was my favorite look from this section.

Calvin Klein Dress, Sleeveless Zipper Sheath

I absolutely loved this Calvin Klein Sleeveless Zipper Sheath ($69.99) worn by Katherine Roll (aka @PlusModelKat).

Oxblood made it’s appearance on Macy’s runway. Check out the International Concept tuxedo striped pants ($54.99). The quilted moto jacket is Guess by Marciano Faux leather quilted quilted jacket ($168).  Similar quilted leather jacket by Baby Phat ($119) and Guess ($94.99), available at Macys.

From their RSVP collection, Nude blazer paired with Inc International Concepts mettalic snake-print jeans ($89.50)

This Calvin Klein sequined jacket is such a timeless and must have piece. At $149.50, it’s an investment . But trust when I tell you that this will never go out of style.  The pants are also Calvin Klein tuxedo pants.

Our petite model is wearing Inc International Concepts metallic boucle tweed ruffle jacket ($129) with a sheer polka dot blouse (similar) and black, waxed pants.

I really enjoyed the presentation not only because of the fabulous styling, but also because they used models with different body types which helped us to envision how a particular look would work on our own frames.

So tell me what is your favorite look from this collection and which piece are you going to be adding to your closet?

And here we are! Erin Castro of Accidentally Stylish, Robbie Laughlin and yours truly.

All of us! The entire Connecticut Bloggers team that covered the Macy’s event.

Ossie took these photos!

Disclosure: I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere provided me with compensation for this post.  However, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own.

Sheila, Style Agent 909
October 18, 2012 at 6:26 am

I love Macy’s too! I just stocked up on a bunch of colored denim and python prints jeans there! I’m in agreement with you. I like the “Aristocrat” the best, but I also like the outfit the petite model is wearing with the gold polka dots.
Great post. Love me some Macy’s.
Sheila, Style Agent 909 recently posted..Date ‘Night’…I’m Feelin’ LuckyMy Profile

Mere M. October 17, 2012 at 5:21 am

Great pictures and commentary! It’s so refreshing to see a fashion show of any kind featuring models of different shapes and sizes, quite a departure from the legions of clone-like models we were seeing a few weeks ago during the fashion weeks.

Natasha October 19, 2012 at 12:56 am

Thanks Mere. Yes, I was so happy when Katherine stepped out on that runway. I am even more loyal to Macys now after that event.

Erin Castro October 16, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Great post! The outfits were amazing and I love that they showed them on various body types. Thinking I have some shopping to do!
Erin Castro recently posted..Pulp Sushi and New Weekly SeriesMy Profile

Caitlin October 15, 2012 at 3:35 pm

What a fab event! so wish I could have attended. A LOT of these outfits are awesome to me. In particular:
chartreuse boucle blazer
Aristocrat (OMG I need to get my hands on the pants b/c I have a jacket like that)
teal lace print skirt
zipper sheath in red
metallic snake print jeans
the black sparkle blazer
HAHA Aka everything? Clearly I couldn’t choose!
Caitlin recently posted..Market Grille – Worth the Wait!My Profile

Wendy D October 15, 2012 at 8:13 am

I loved this event! I’m heading OUT of my comfort zone and trying colors and textures and this was a real help! And although I’m still searching for (and will find!) Oxblood for me, I LOVED the Calvin Klein sequined jacket and tuxedo pant. I’m making it a a GOAL jacket!
Wendy D recently posted..Fabulous Fall Fashion with Robbie LaughlinMy Profile

Peggy Lee October 15, 2012 at 7:38 am

Loved your write up here about the fashion show. Sorry I missed it! I love blue and teal is a blue so that’s top of my list to buy this fall!

Wendy
October 15, 2012 at 2:43 am

What a great recap of the Macy’s Fall Fashion show. I just loved all of the outfits the models were wearing, especially the teal dress in the photo above. I thought Robbie McLaughlin did a great job announcing the models.

Bonnie
October 15, 2012 at 12:37 am

I can’t wait to get in Macy’s and start shopping up a storm. I love how Katherine rocked the red zipper dress! Oh, and YOUR PICTURES ARE AMAZING!
Bonnie recently posted..Apple Harvest Festival in Southington, CTMy Profile