Gold and Green Holiday Inspired Outfit

December 5, 2012 · 11 comments

Nothing says Christmas like a gold and green outfit. You can recreate this look by combining sequins, khaki, a bright blazer and a little animal print for extra drama.

I found these Jones New York Collection khaki pants (originally $119) on the clearance rack during last months Macy’s one day sale. They were marked down to $29.95 and with the coupon and additional discounts, I ended up paying $17 plus Connecticut sales tax. I thought the khaki would make a great substitute for gold denim which has been on my wish list since last year. I combined it with this sequined camisole from Express and completed the look with my thrifted green blazer. A white or red blazer would make a great substitute for the green one.

This is a great outfit idea for an in-house office party, informal holiday gathering with friends and the all important family gathering.

For more 2012 holiday style inspiration see, Make Mint Fresh Again For Winter.

Shop The Look

Blazer (thrifted) (Similar: Green blazer from H&M)

Cami: Gold sequined cami from Express(Similar: I really like this Cami With All Over Sequin Embellishment from Asos)

Pants: Jones New York Collection Khaki (Similar: Alice + Olivia carries a number of gold pants. They are pricey though)

Photo Credit: Ossie took this photo!

Today I am linked with: What We Wore and Made Wednesday |

Mere M. December 10, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Great outfit! It has a lot of elements that you manage to pull all together–and pull off beautifully! I especially love the sequins with that green blazer. So pretty. : )

Natasha December 11, 2012 at 12:17 am

Thanks Mere. (-:

Miss Foodie Fab
December 7, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I love this look, honey. Yesssssss!

Natasha December 9, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Thank you. (-:

Angela December 6, 2012 at 11:45 am

Those booties are AMAZING! Love this outfit on you! I recently became a believer in thrifting. Stopping by from the Monday Mingle linkup. Have a great day! xo, Angela

Angela recently posted..Thursday Thrills, Throwbacks & ThreadsMy Profile

Natasha December 9, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Angela. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, it’s really amazing what you can find when you take the time to explore thrift stores. I went to probably five different stores with a green blazer in mind before I finally found this one at a Salvation Army.

Frannie Pantz December 5, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Ah!!!! I love your khakis Natasha and what a great price! The zipper details are fabulous and I love your shoes so much! What a perfect holiday office party appropriate look!
Frannie Pantz recently posted..Break DownMy Profile

Natasha December 6, 2012 at 12:49 am

@Robin. Lol, I am responding to your comment from the front page and not from behind the Wordpress admin dashboard so you can pretty much guess what kind of night I am having. Anyways as always, thanks so much for your comment. I also wanted to let you know how much I really appreciate your support of this blog. As for the outfit, even if they were priced higher I would have still bought them because of the zipper details. There is also a cool detail on the hem of the pants but I chose to cuff them instead because a slim leg looked better with the oxford shoes. One Love, Natasha
Natasha recently posted..Gold and Green Holiday Inspired OutfitMy Profile

Kathy December 5, 2012 at 11:26 am

Nice outfit!! Those shoes rock!!! I would probably break my butt wearing them but they are absolutely divine.

Kathy
Kathy recently posted..Following the LeaderMy Profile

Natasha December 9, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for stopping by and for leaving your comment. Actually the heels are only four inches and with the hidden platforms in the front, it’s really not that difficult to walk in these. (-: