Lace Blouse and Glen Plaid Pants

December 19, 2012 · 16 comments

I’ve been on a thrift dry spell of lately so I couldn’t believe my luck when I found these Ann Taylor glen plaid pants, in perfect condition, neatly pressed and stain free sitting on the racks at our local Savers. They are a little long so I pulled out these really old stiletto heeled ankle boots to give me enough height so the hems would not drag on the ground.

I chose to wear it without a belt , but I am not really sure if the extra accessory would add anything to this outfit. The earth tones were really screaming for something red or purple, but I decided instead that my lace top would go just fine with this outfit. I wore this to work on Monday.

Lace Blouse and Glen Plaid Pants

Chico's Lace Blouse and Ann Taylor Glen Plaid Pants 2

What I Wore | Shop The Look

Womens Ecru Lavish Lace Celina Top from Chicos ($44.99)

Ann Taylor glen plaid wide leg pants (thrifted)  Similar: Curvy fit glen plaid Pants from Talbots ($99.99)

Necklace: Madaala Necklace c/o from BeadforLife.org

I am linked up on What I Wore Wednesdays over at Pleated Poppy | Transatlantic Blonde  | Wardrobe Wednesdays

Photo credit: Robert took these photos

Carla December 26, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I LOVE this look. So chic and sexy!
Carla recently posted..Got Gratitude?My Profile

Natasha December 27, 2012 at 1:45 am

Thanks Carla. (-:

Mere M. December 22, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Silly me, “pinning” this without even realizing it was a new post! I love this look and you look great! Lace and glen plaid make such an unexpected (to me at least) but pretty combination. I should really check out the Savers they opened in my area. I just find thrifting so daunting!

Natasha December 23, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Savers is a really great store for beginner thrifters. I went in there a few years ago hoping to find a 70ish costume for a party that I was going to. I was really expecting it to be dark, dank and unorganized but to my surprise the store was well lit and everything was organized by item, size and even color. Thrifting is not for everybody. It took me a LONG time to let go of my perceptions about thrifting. I would also recommend that you try buying items from an online source, like eBay. The second hand items are already “picked” and it takes the fear out of entering an actual store. (-:

janae December 22, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I LOVE that top!! I recognized it right away!! I also love that you did a high/low pairing – mixing regular retail (albeit on sale) and thrift.
janae recently posted..WIWW Picture HEAVYMy Profile

Natasha December 23, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Thanks so much for your comment Janae.

Melaina25
December 22, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Natasha December 23, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Hi Melaina. Thanks so much for your comment.(-: This is one of my best thrift finds by far.

lisa walter December 20, 2012 at 12:20 am

I love the pairing. I’m a wee bit jealous of those trousers!
lisa walter recently posted..Options for a Gorgeous Grey DressMy Profile

Natasha December 20, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Hi Lisa.
Someone told me the best day to go thrifting is on the day the store puts out their new arrivals. I think I might have arrived a few minutes after they put this one out because I don’t see how this was passed up by anybody else walking through that aisle. I think I paid $6 for it. I washed it at home (not dry clean) and was a little afraid that it had lost some of its luxe, but a good ironing brought it back.

SouthFlaCutie December 19, 2012 at 3:58 pm

BEYOND cute! I love the lace/plaid combo and must replicate it…

Natasha December 19, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Replicate away! My aim is to insire, so that is the highest compliment that any of my blog visitors can give to me. (-:

Stephanie (Glam S lam!)
December 19, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I love how you’ve paired that delicate lace top with those great printed pants! Very nice! :)

xo, Stephanie :)
Stephanie (Glam S lam!) recently posted..Sparkles and TweedMy Profile

Natasha December 19, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Thanks Stephanie. Glad I stuck with my gut instinct on this one. (-:

FranniePantz December 19, 2012 at 12:50 am

OMG These are too cute! I was actually realizing lately too that I haven’t been thrifting in a while either. You are making me want to go really badly! I love that you paired lace with plaid and guess what? I’m wearing plaid trousers today too!
FranniePantz recently posted..Superman’s PajamasMy Profile

Natasha December 19, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I don’t know what’s going on in the thrift market. Either I need to change my location or wait for the beginning of the year when people usually make their diet plans and donate the clothes that no longer fit.