Leather Trimmed Pencil Skirt and Purple Top

December 10, 2012 · 12 comments

I love leather and one of the biggest fashion trends right now are leather-trimmed apparel. Since this is probably the only way that I will get away with wearing leather into the office (shoes and jacket not included, of course) I didn’t hesitate to add this pencil skirt to my collection. I thought this was going to land into my work only section, but it is proving to be a very versatile piece. I’ve already worn it into the office with my emerald green top and and I wore it to a function over the weekend with my snake print sleeveless blouse.  Here I paired it with a crushed silk, long sleeve blouse from last season.

Leather-Trimmed Pencil Skirt

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love hearing from you so please feel free to share your comments in the comment section below.

Ossie took this photo!

Today I am linking up on Monday Mingle | Visible Monday | Yolo Mondays

Jeannie December 11, 2012 at 11:32 pm

SO pretty! The color of the blouse looks GREAT on you!

Natasha December 12, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Thanks Jeannie.

andrea December 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Loving the top. I would have popped that combo with a bit of silver or gold …….at the waist perhaps.

Natasha December 11, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Hello my lovely sister. The leather shown at the waist is actually part of the skirt. This is one of those items that you just have to wear them as designed. (-;

Patti December 11, 2012 at 8:55 am

Love this leather-trimmed skirt – I can see it’ll become a favorite! Thanks for sharing your fab look with Visible Monday.
Patti recently posted..Visible Monday #76: A Spot of AnimalMy Profile

Natasha December 11, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Hi Patti. Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving your comment. Yes, it’s already a favorite. I am actually a little ashamed to admit how much I’ve worn the skirt since it arrived. I attended an event recently with Clinton Kelly from “What Not To Wear” and I keep remembering his remark about people thinking that they have to have a closet overflowing with clothes in order to achieve style or to be considered stylish. He recommends that we add pieces to our closets that we REALLY love and to remix it and to wear it as often as we feel until we get bored with it. I think this skirt will be the base of yet another outfit before Sunday. (-:
Natasha recently posted..It’s Makeup Brush Cleaning DayMy Profile

Nicole Feliciano
December 10, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I am the biggest purple fan. Love the pairing with the pencil skirt.

Nicole
Nicole Feliciano recently posted..Holiday Decor Ideas with Hen House LinensMy Profile

Natasha December 11, 2012 at 12:15 am

Hi Nicole, Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. I am a big fan of jewel tones and purple has become a new neutral for me. (-:

Karen December 10, 2012 at 8:44 pm

This looks great! I love the purple top and leather detail on the skirt.

-Karen
Karen recently posted..Holiday CountdownMy Profile

Natasha December 11, 2012 at 12:16 am

Hi Karen,
Thanks so much (-: This was a NWT found on one of the outlet stores on eBay. (-:

Dionne December 10, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Love it! Especially the blouse, it’s gorgeous and not just because it’s purple (my favorite color in the world). You look beautiful cuz, from head to toe!!!!

Natasha December 11, 2012 at 12:16 am