Emerald Green is Pantone’s Color for 2013

January 3, 2013 · 6 comments

Whoa, so the color God’s have declared emerald green as the color of the year for 2013. These were the same people that predicted that tangerine would be the color of the year for 2012. Before you rush out to your favorite store, just a quick reminder that mint green stormed through during the Spring and oxblood red was all of the rage for Fall 2012. Except for Beyonce’s maternity dress, I don’t really recall much tangerine on the red carpet or in the store’s last year. Nevertheless here she is, emerald!.

EmeraldGreen

Luckily, green apparel is something that Jamaican’s have a lot of in their closets. Here is a look at how I wore my green’s in 2012.

EmeraldGreen_HowIStyled

miss donna
January 4, 2013 at 8:32 pm

so if you wore yours in 2012 does that mean you were ahead of the game?! :)

i don’t have any emerald (and won’t be buying any) but i do have a Kelly green blazer i’ll be sporting. i think that’s close enough.
miss donna recently posted..personal style | casual winter outfitMy Profile

Natasha January 4, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Yes Maam! I was definitely ahead of the game. Actually, I think emerald was also the color for Fall 2011. That’s when I added most of my green pieces.

Bonnie
January 3, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I love, love, love – just about every shade of green…especially emerald green. I spent years working at an Irish pub…so I really learned to love it as I practically lived in it!

However, I have heard that green is not considered a “professional” color…and that men should never, ever, wear green if they want to move up the corporate ladder. Instead they should stick with the traditional black, gray, and blue.

I think women can push the envelope on that “rule” – and are not held to the same boring colors as men in professional circles…but I still don’t think I would wear green to a corporate event.

What are your thoughts?
Bonnie recently posted..Shelley’s Garden Center in Branford CT for the 2012 Holiday SeasonMy Profile

Natasha January 4, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Lol, I don’t know if the corporate world is ready for a green suit. I went on an interview a big fashion company once, and the lawyer that interviewed me was wearing a tiffany blue suit. I couldn’t get past it. I know it sounds weird, me being a fashionista and all. I just couldn’t embrace the color on an Attorney. I definitely couldn’t see green on a man, unless he is going to an event (i.e. Irish, or Jamaican) or something like that. On ladies however, I think its’ a great choice. It looks great on every skin tone too. I hope this color really makes it this year.

On another note, I guess I’ll see you in Milford next Saturday (if I can get in, that is).

Alex January 3, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I love that emerald green is going to be popular! I think green is underused in fashion!
Alex recently posted..Christmas Eve in PinkMy Profile

Natasha January 4, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Hey Alex. We’ll see. After looking at the Spring 2013 presentations, I was actually expecting yellow to be the color, but it didn’t even make their other suggested colors. We’ll see what happens, Spring is right around the corner.