Salmon and Glen Plaid

February 25, 2013 · 10 comments

BPD_7430

BPD_7432

I realize that it’s been a while since I posted a recent outfit photo. I have not had access to a photographer in weeks now. However, lack of access to a photographer is not the only reason that I’ve been absent from my blog. A second project (more on that later), body image drama, and sudden on set “oh my God I’m 40 already” blues has been playing a part too. I am working on all of the above and I will be sharing my progress with you in future posts. For now, thank goodness that Robert was in the area and I got him to take a few shots including this one of me wearing a salmon colored button down long sleeve blouse that I bought from Chadwicks many moons ago. Chadwicks is a great online destination for affordable and practical style. I paired it with this glen plaid Ann Taylor trousers that I thrifted (similar), this leather Valerie Stevens jacket that I found on eBay and added the purple pouch for a much needed pop of color.  I wore this outfit to work.

Dionne March 3, 2013 at 1:48 pm

You look lovely as usual cuz. BTW, 40 is fabulous!!!

Natasha March 4, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Thanks Dionne. I think now that I stopped with the introspection I am starting to feel a little whole again. (-:

miss donna
February 27, 2013 at 10:37 pm

i know the big 4-0 can get some women down, but i was screaming it from the rooftops. i guess because i don’t “feel” 40…whatever that means. i used to buy things from Chadwicks. they have really good sales. that pouch is the business…love the color!
miss donna recently posted..personal style | purge. organize. donate.My Profile

Natasha February 27, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I was ok with turning 40 until the actual day of. I took time off from work, got my hair done, got my makeup professionally done and went to a little get together that my family organized. When I arrived, I sat in my car and all of the things that I hadn’t done yet suddenly flashed through my mind. I’m giving myself until Saturday to end my mourning.

About Chadwicks, I’ve shopped their clearance sales and I have to say it is really worth it. I have stuff that I bought from them years ago that has not been destroyed or faded after numerous spins in the washer and dryer.

Bonnie
February 27, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I absolutely love, love, love that jacket. It looks amazing on you!
40? NO WAY!
Bonnie recently posted..Connecticut Flower and Garden Show 2013 at the CT Convention CenterMy Profile

Natasha February 27, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Hey Bonnie. Yes maam, I actually hit the big 4-0 a few weeks ago. I am still in shock.

Frannie Pantz February 25, 2013 at 11:27 am

Soooooo good to see you back Natasha! I can’t wait to hear about your project. You are rockin’ 40 girl! And I love the color of that blouse on you!
Frannie Pantz recently posted..Laughter is Good for the SoulMy Profile

Natasha February 27, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Hey Robin. Thanks , Ill be back fully next month. My project is blogging related but not for this blog. Ill share when I am ready.

Tavia February 25, 2013 at 10:10 am

Girl, you are fly at forty! I am not sure to if I need to hunt you down for that bag or the slacks.

Tavia
Tavia recently posted..Style Me Friday: Sequin For DaytimeMy Profile

Natasha February 27, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Hey Tavia. Yes, girl I am 40. Ha Ha. I actually found the pouch on eBay. My bid of $10 was the winning bid. (-: