TLC’s “What Not To Wear” is Signing Off

March 7, 2013 · 7 comments

in Connecticut Life, Style News

DSC_1202

I became a fan of What Not to Wear after accidentally stumbling on the show way back when it was hosted by Brit’s Trinny and Susannah on BBC America.  At first I was appalled at the antics that they used to help women to refine and define their style but all was forgiven by the end of the show when the women emerged polished, pretty and stylish.

I was thrilled when TLC came up with their own version here in the States which was hosted by Clinton Kelly and Stacy London. Together, they helped hundreds of women and a few men transform their style from frump to chic.

I watched WNTW faithfully for years. As a matter of fact, WNTW is still on my list of programs on my DVR. I also picked up (and I am sure most viewers did too)  a lot of style tips from Clinton and Stacy which helped me to develop my own style.  However, after a successful 10-year run, What Not to Wear  will not be returning to TLC next season.

Mary Ellen Fillo, blogger and Hartford Courant columnist made the announcement on her blog yesterday afternoon.  Read: My TLC “What Not to Wear” Is Going Off the Air?!!!

The final episodes of What Not To Wear will air through this summer.

Kita March 10, 2013 at 11:55 pm

I am sad to see it go. I use to watch it a lot when it first came on then fell off when they switched nights on me. I am going to miss them and hope something like it comes back on tv soon.

Natasha March 11, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Hi Kita. I hope so too. That show was such an inspiration to so many people.

Bonnie
March 9, 2013 at 2:06 pm

This is a show that I will miss as well! So many great hints and tips were given during its run that I’ll never forget. “Lock & load” is my favorite. (chuckle)
Seriously though, this show many a time made me re-evaluate my look many times (!!!) and realize that certain styles just weren’t going to work on me.
Bonnie recently posted..Bottega del Vino Crystal – If The Wine Matters, So Does The Glass!My Profile

Natasha March 9, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Stacy London’s “shut the front door” was my favorite phrase from the show. It will definitely be missed. (-:

miss donna
March 8, 2013 at 9:28 pm

i’m devastated by this news, Natasha! i don’t watch much tv, but THIS was one of the shows i tuned in to faithfully.
miss donna recently posted..keep the change | $20 budget – Jan. & Feb.My Profile

Natasha March 8, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Hi Donna. I was a bit surprised by the news also. There is nothing else on television like WNTW. These were real men and women with our same body types, etc that a lot of us could identify with that they were transforming. Stacy runs Style for Hire. She trains stylists to do the same thing that she did on the show. I met a blogger who does that and she enjoys it. Clinton is on “The Chew” on ABC. I haven’t seen it yet. I hope he will continue his run with Macy’s. I drove to Rhode Island last year to see him at their Fall presentation and he is AMAZING. He is a lot nicer in person than he appears to be on the show.