Users can use the easy and intuitive photo app to upload images from their phones or desktop. Once published, the image becomes available instantly for viewing by millions of like-minded, fashion enthusiasts around the world.
I had the chance to test the app recently and here are a few of my finds:
- You are allowed to use hashtags (words with one of these –>#<– in front of it) which makes it easy for users to discover categories, styles and other fashion enthusiasts/bloggers.
- You can add comments to photos.
- You can rate the photo by ‘hearting’ it (similar to the rating system on Instagram).
Unlike other photo apps, Pose allows you to:
- easily tag stores and brands (limited to 5 items from your outfit) and also list the price of their finds (see sample above);
- has a really great weather app ( weather | pose) which sends you outfit ideas based on the weather forecast in your local area;
- allows you to search their database for outfit ideas categorized by a) “What to Wear To” b) “What to Wear With” and c “What People Are Wearing In“.
With the largest database of women and men sharing their style, Pose is the easiest way for people to find inspiring styles and spot and shop the trends they need to help turn their style inspiration into reality. Also, with the rise in popularity of the “selfie,” Pose is destined to become one of the top mobile apps in the world.
The free app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android users.
For more information, visit pose.com