This month, as a tribute to my island nation, I wanted to introduce you to a few of our Jamaican style bloggers who are making waves in the online fashion community.
Meet Jamaican style blogger Roxanna Scott, the face and voice behind, Foxy Et Al, a style and beauty blog which she launched April 2011. Originally from the parish of St. Thomas, Roxanna currently lives in Kingston, Jamaica. She has been featured on Women to Women blog and was a nominee for the Jamaica Blog Awards. I discovered Roxanna’s blog via CaribeBloggers. I absolutely love her style. Her makeup is FLAWLESS!!!
What inspired you to start your blog?
My inspiration for blogging stemmed from my love for fashion and beauty (makeup artistry in particular), this innate passion led me to blogging which served as a creative outlet to share my perspective on my these topics.
How would you describe your style?
I don’t have a particular style per se I tend to gravitate towards pieces that accentuate my curves, however I am open to taking fashion risks and experimenting with new styles.
What three tips would you give to women who are trying to find their own personal style?
- Stick to pieces that compliment your body type.
- If you are unsure as to what direction to take when finding your personal style look to celebrities for inspiration and use aspects of their style and make it your own.
- Be confident in your skin.
What’s your beauty routine?
I have oily, acne-prone skin and thus my current beauty routine is targeted towards keeping acne under control and treating hyper-pigmentation and scarring.My holy grail beauty products include Queen Helene Mint Julep mask and witch hazel.
Three items every woman should have in their closet?
- A black blazer which is classic and timeless.
- A LBD ( little black dress) which should be flattering for your body type.
- A pair of pumps( whether nude/black or both).
Click on the “Jamaican Style Bloggers” tag below to meet other Jamaican-born style bloggers.