I am super proud to announce that I am partnering with UncommonGoods for a giveaway for this fabulous and unique felted silk peacock scarf.
UncommonGoods is an online boutique that offers unique, handcrafted, and specialty items from artists around the world. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Brooklyn, New York, UncommonGoods is a privately-owned retailer that endeavors to feature unique designs and handcrafted gifts created in harmony with the environment and without harm to animals or people. Most of the products are created in the United States, and about one-third of their entire collection incorporates recycled and/or up cycled materials.
What to buy this fall: #3 the silk scarf !
I love scarves because in addition to its practical and intended use of keeping us warm, scarves also:
- makes a great transitional piece for winter and spring;
- makes a great travel accessory because they are light and easy to pack; and
- adds color, drama and style to any blah and humdrum outfit.
This is why scarves are the #3 essential item for your fall shopping list. I am recommending silk, because silk is actually a cold weather fabric. I learned that the hard way this summer. Go for one that has bright color and a bold print like the one that I am wearing.
I was gifted this one from Uncommongoods. This felted silk peacock scarf is just one of the many items available from Uncommongoods collection of gift items that are valued $5o or less. Also with the holiday season right around the corner, be sure to check out these unique christmas stocking stuffers perfect for family, friends and co-workers.
Description: This spectacular silken scarf has no trouble getting the attention of adoring admirers. An eye-catching addition to any ensemble, this accessory is created using a unique needle felting technique by Kyrgyz tailors through the aid of Gulnara Kydyrmyshova. As an entrepreneurial Kyrgyz artisan herself, Kydyrmyshova has helped revive and bring attention to the distinctive handicraft of this recently-independent nation and its people. Using this special process, dyed wool fibers sourced from local sheep are felted directly into feather-light, hand-spun silk. A fierce flutter of the peacock’s distinctive plummage adds a sculptural scallop to the ends of each accessory. Luxurious and lightweight, this sensational scarf can add pizzazz to outfits during summer and winter, as well as in-between seasons. Handmade in Kyrgyzstan.
- Prize is for one (1) felted silk peacock scarf (as shown above) from uncommongoods.com valued at $45.00.
- Entries are powered by Rafflecopter and random.org.
- You MUST like both UncommonGoods and OneWomansStyle on Facebook. All entries are verified.
- For extra points, you can follow OneWomansStyle on twitter and also send the tweet as specified below.
- Ends Monday, September 16th 11:59 pm (EST)
- Winner will be notified by email.
- Prize will be mailed to winner from UncommonGoods.com.